Sunday, February 28, 2010

Fiesta In Your Mouth

Frequent trips to the New York Public Library had meant nearly just as many quests for dinner.  My favorite stops near the Mid-Manhattan location include Crumbs and Pret a Manger where they have the best cupcakes and croissants, respectively.  And I looove the Fuji Apple juice at Pret.  There's a zing and a freshness like just pressed apples that I haven't had anywhere else.

Speaking of freshness, my new favorite place to grab a quick bite is Chipotle.  Also right around the corner from the NYPL and Bryant Park, I've been there three times in the past two weeks already.  The place is tiny and it's always packed.  Wanna sit down?  Fohgeddahboudit.  We almost always had to stand at the counters, but it's worth it.  Mexican food never tasted so fresh, so light, so healthy.

I usually get the crunchy tacos (you get 3) with shredded pork or the pork fajita burrito with green peppers and onions.  Then I usually choose tomatoes, corn, medium sauce, sour cream, and cheese as add ons.  You have to get it with corn and tomatoes.  It just makes it taste so fresh, but they don't skimp on the flavor; maybe it's the lime and cilantro.  They even serve beer and margaritas :)  If you decide to get either, you'll pay double for your meal, but where in Manhattan isn't alcohol overpriced?

If you order any of the burritos, you better be hungry because they are huge!  Nevertheless, you don't get that gross, heavy, sedated feeling afterwards like you do after having that steak or a 1/2 lb burger with fries.  My problem now is that I can't go to the library without stopping in for a quick bite at Chipotle... and then there's always room for a cupcake :)

No comments:

Post a Comment